With so many different gyms out there, it can get very overwhelming when deciding what gym to choose. It’s practically all the same, yet completely different at the same time. All the gyms have the same equipment, however each has varying features. Therefore it is important to evaluate your needs and find the best fit for you. For instance, if you have to work long hours or very late, a 24- hour gym might be the best pick for you. Or, if you travel a lot, finding a national chain gym membership might be best for you. Take a moment to write down your ideal gym and how much you are willing to spend for it.
- How far away is it from my house and/or work?
- Do the opening hours fit my schedule?
- When is the gym the busiest and how crowded does it get?
- Besides gym equipment, what other features does it have? What would I like for my gym to have? (Ex. Group exercise classes, a sauna, pool, etc.)
- How sanitary is the gym?
- Would I feel comfortable working out there?
- Is it a chain or a single location gym? If it is a chain, can I visit the other locations free of charge?
- Can I afford the gym membership?
Most gyms give tours of their facility before signing up. Take advantage of this and ask any and all questions that you might have. It is important that you find a comfortable gym facility to get a good and regular workout in, so take the time to look and evaluate your options.